Thursday, November 10, 2011

Background Basics: Circles Day Two

Hello all! It's day 2 of the Papertrey Ink Countdown and from the looks of it, it sounds as if you all are as excited as I am about Background Basics: Circles. Well, I'm back today to share a couple more samples with you....First up, a special card for a special friend. Included in this month release are coordinating Friends 'Til the End dies. Yay! I just had to pull them out and put them to work. I began today's card by impressing the large flower die into a white cardstock block and then stamped the coordinating flower within (in Smoky Shadow). Then stamped the sentiment in True Black.Using a couple Copic Markers I touched up the flower center, then embellished the flower center with a Melon Berry button and a silk ribbon bow. Once done with the flower panel, I trimmed off the edge with my paper cutter (up to the die impressed edges) then trimmed around the flower (with scissors) following the impressed edge. Attached the panel (with dimensional adhesive) to a Soft Stone card base that had been stamped with one of the Background Basic: Circles strips in Smoky Shadow.Next up, I pulled out Autumn Acorns and paired it with Background Basic: Circles using a fun fall color combo of Dark Chocolate, Sweet Blush, Vintage Touch Chai and Wild Honey Ranger Distress Ink. To create, I started by stamping a Rustic White card base with three different background strips. Then trimmed and attached a kraft cardstock strip to the right edge.Die cut and stamped three acorns, attached to the card base at varying heights and embellished with an Harvest Gold button and silk ribbon. Finished the card off with an Autumn Acorns sentiment, perfect for this months holiday that will be here before we know it.

Well, that concludes my second look at Background Basics: Circles. I truly hope that you've enjoyed! I'd love to know what you think, so please share!

Now, be sure to visit Nichole Heady, Heather Nichols for a peek at Birthday By the Numbers, Tag its #10 & Winter Penguin. Also, Dawn McVey, Beth Silaika & Melissa Bickford have peeks to share with you of their newest sets for the month.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile

Genuine Friend:
Happy Thanksgiving:

18 comments:

  1. Circles and more circles! Yep...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maile I LOVE your special friend card. That impress and stamp technique is beautiful and so clever. Cutting out the edge has turned this into a masterpiece! I'm pintresting it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards! Love the way you layered the circles on the first card, it looks great! Your second is just super! I like the stack of different circles with the fall die-cuts and Thanksgiving sentiment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Maile!!! I loooove the way you created that first card, with the gorgeous layering that way and the big flower!! Would love to use that layout idea myself as well, can I? It's sooo pretty!!!! Love the circles you designed! Gorgeous, modern and so many ways to use!!!
    Hope you're doing well!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to know how you impressed and cut the flower. Did you cut the rest by hand after impressing? I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two more fabulous cards, Maile. The first one is just so special. I'll be casing that technique for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Maile! Love the Friends til the end, flower die and stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so very creative...love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maile you talent amazes me. You are truely blessed. Thanks for sharing with us. Love your cards!
    ssymens

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are just the Queen of simply designed mostly one layer cards...love, love, love your style. You're always giving me a new idea to play around with. The Friends Til the End card was sensational. I can see myself utilizing my dies much more. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Maile -

    Love the cards. I still amazes me how much can be done with circles as backgrounds. I really like that you can be whimsical and sophisticated, all with one set!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful creations! I know this new background set will be on my must-have list from the release.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty ways to incorporate the very modern with slightly more traditional. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Terrific and versatile new set, Maile! And I love your card with the acorns - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How beautiful, Maile! I love the first one, the flower is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Maile,
    Your cards are beyond beautiful! I don't have the words for your beautiful, clean, sophisticated style! I am so, so impressed! When you say you "impressed" the flower die...did you just put pressure on it with your hands? I so want to try this! I used your link for the smokey shadow ink, but didn't find it. Is it one of the new colors to be released? (Found the black...) Thanks for sharing your talent with us!
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow - your cards are unbelievable! I LOVE the friends til the end card - so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cards!! You did such a fabby job on ALL of them!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS