Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'd Pick You!

Happy Tuesday!

Today's card was inspired by a challenge I gave my self. I have this huge white button that I could not figure out what to do with. So I challenged my self to put it to use and I turned it into a double button flower...

Wow, look at me... no polka dots this time! :) To make it look more like a flower, I gave it a green center using a smaller Spring Moss button. Three buttons are place on the right side of the card to help balance out the massive button and to make your eye flow along the card from left to right (to make it visually pleasing).

Here is a better shot of the double button flower...

I'm sure you've already noticed, but I've been trying out a new card size. This card measures 7" X 3 1/2" (7"X7" folded in half). It's fun to work with the extra length and it looks great with lots of blank/open space. It's easy to work with visually too.

For a challenge I think it turned out ok, let me know what you think! Maybe you too can switch up the dimensions of your next card or challenge your self to use something from your stash that keeps you puzzled. :)

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have a good one!

Maile

I'd Pick You:

  • Stamps: Beyond Basic Borders, Background Basics: Retro & Green Thumb (Sentiment)
  • Ink: Ripe Avocado & SU Craft White
  • Cardstock: Kraft, White & SU Bashful Blue
  • Accessories: White & Spring Moss PTI Vintage Buttons, Twine, Scalloped Edge Punch & Corner Rounder

18 comments:

  1. cute girl!! i love it! and a flower is a prefect occupation for a big button! super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl I love this! The button is perfect. Actually, I think I need to do something similar with my huge buttons.

    Also, I'm so glad that other card makers give themselves challenges as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maile, I've done the same thing with those super large buttons. They're just too big by themselves! Great job on your personal challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super duper card - the button looks really cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! Love how you used that gigantic button! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute, cute, cute....you did a fabbie job with your mondo button!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I feel the same way about big buttons...but I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I love the clean lines and the double button flower is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, this is too weird--just yesterday I was going through my white buttons, came across a HUGE one, and thought, "When am I ever gonna use this?" Maybe I'll have to challenge myself, because your card turned out SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooohhh what a great challenge for yourself and you succeeded with it!! yeah!! I love your huge double button flower - brilliant idea!! I too love to experiment with different sized cards. I recently made 2 cards that fit into a legal size envelope.... now that was fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love this! The longer card size is so fun to work with, and I love how you used the PTI background stamps on this card. So fresh and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ADORABLE - I love that you challenged yourself to find a way to use that! Very cool and lovely layout, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great! Love the button flower and the size of the card. I need to get my retro backgrounds out and play. I need to play with a lot of stuff... I have too much stuff!! Gorgeous card as always!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it, the button flower is too cute! I like this size of card too, very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunning CAS card! I absolutely love that button flower!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it very much......
    Thanks a lot for sharing this.......
    see more

    ReplyDelete
  17. CUTE!! I just saw it on SCS! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS